Flash CS3 Crashing

Blackmajik

Ok, I just installed CS3. I start creating a flash document, I can press ctrl+enter and it will compile and show me what the flash looks like. As soon as I do file->save as, and then save it anywhere on my comp the file goes crazy and when I push ctrl+enter an error pops up and flash CS3 cannot recover and it automatically closes. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I tried different locations on my comp incase some are read only. I save it to my desktop and it still does that.Thank you,Kyle

Flash is pretty notorious for freaking out, I personally don't think it's a very well-written program. One thing you can do that's fun is to open a file from a network location, then disconnect your network, and watch as Flash refuses to save the file anywhere. It won't even let you save it on your own desktop. This has been an issue since at least Flash 5 and it hasn't been fixed yet, Macromedia's answer to us was not to use Flash across a network (this is internet content creation software, mind you). We have lost many, many hours of work to this bug over the years when a computer would go out and get a new DHCP lease and the computer's connection to the network would get reset. Every other program doesn't miss a beat, Flash refuses to save anything that you had open.So yeah, your best bet is Adobe support. If Adobe can't solve the issue then you're left to wait until a later version fixes the issue, but that might be a while.

I've spent hours working on stuff only for it to crash, It's only an occassional thing but annoying on long projects. I haven't resolved this yet, or even microsoft paint freaking out either.

Indeed I would imagine so *shakes fist*, it's just that every now and then if I was doing some pixel art Paint may zoom a line diagonally across my page which for some reason is undoable (spelling?), which is the annoying bit. If you could undo that line it may not pee me off as much but I tend to do that kind of stuff in Photoshop now anyway...

Archived