jumping from one MC to another MC?

incorruptus

Hi guys,ok so I have two layers accompanied by frame labels, layer#1(frame label) has the main_mc in it, layer#2(frame label) has an intro_mc. I want when intro_mc is finished playing to jump to a specific frame inside main_mc.I used this code in the last frame of intro_mc:

_root.gotoAndStop ("layer#1", 84)

it worked but it played the whole main_mc, but I want it to go to frame number 84 within main_mcany advice?

That's going to work, as long as you reference main_mc using the correct scope and the movie's instance name is "main_mc". You might need to use _parent or _root or something to specify the scope, but if you're trying to get a movie clip to go to a certain frame then gotoAndStop is the way to do it. Just make sure you reference the object in the correct scope. If you trace main_mc you'll see whether or not it's defined, and there is a scope resolution tool in Flash you can use (the crosshairs) to find the scope of a certain object either relative or absolute.

You need to name the Movie Clip main_mc "main_mc" (without the quotes).Select it and on the Properties panel to the left is a field, that's where you put the name.

Archived