asp.net sample program error..

sifia

<%@ Page language="VB"%><script runat="server">public sub page_load(x as object , e as EventArgs)Response.Write("<font color=blue size=7>")Response.Write("welcome to ASP.Net")end sub</script><html></html>this is the first sample program which i tried after installing IIS server. But iam getting this errorThe XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://localhost/sifia/welcome.aspx'. Line 1, Pos...<%@ Page language="VB"%>-^anybody can tell me what is the mistake.

Is ASP.NET properly registered with IIS? Try runningaspnet_regiis -uaspnet_regiis -i
hey thanks.... ya got it.. now its working after using commandsDoubt : actually i installed IIS properly.... wat about these 2 commands... can you explain me

Well, there is a certain order you need to install things in for them to work correctly.Ideally you would install IIS then install ASP.Net. If you installed ASP.Net first or Windows just decided to mess with you :) then running those commands will register ASP.Net with IIS so that IIS knows what to do with .aspx pages.

Archived