Moderators have concluded, its your turn now.

Skemcin

Should any action be taken toward these members?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should any action be taken toward these members?

• Ask Jonas to apologize to Eric
    • Ask Eric to apologize to Jonas
    • Strip Jonas' moderator status as Eric requests (based on the evidence provided)
    • Ask both to apologize to each other, take no action, close all related posts, and issue warnings to members who can't let it go.

1.) Please review the threads in this post:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...indpost&p=103062.) and then review the submission offered by Eric:

I have it in two formats so it can be read by 99% of everyone interested.MS Word format:(links removed to respect Eric's privacy)PDF format:(links removed to respect Eric's privacy
3.) Cast your vote. Edited by Skemcin

I'll let this run through Friday. Then, based on its results, act accordingly. Then we can move on.Thanks for your vote.

Just one quick question.What's to keep someone from registering multiple times and voting multiple times to "tip the scale"?Are IPs of everyone who voted going to be checked (by checking the SQL logs) to make sure everyone only votes once?

Just one quick question.What's to keep someone from registering multiple times and voting multiple times to "tip the scale"?Are IPs of everyone who voted going to be checked (by checking the SQL logs) to make sure everyone only votes once?

people who have multiple accounts are usually kicked from forumstheres no point in having more than one account...what you going to do with it? talk to yourself? :)and the mods dont have access usually to the ip's of the members unless its set that way by the admins.

people who have multiple accounts are usually kicked from forumstheres no point in having more than one account...what you going to do with it? talk to yourself? :)and the mods dont have access usually to the ip's of the members unless its set that way by the admins.

Well I wasn't talking about myself having a second account :)I just wouldn't like it if people that didn't like me tried to tip the scale in their favor.Just trying to keep everything on the "up and up" so to speak :(Also, if they are super moderators (global moderators is the term on some message board software) then they can see IPs just like admin.It's only "forum moderators" that the admins can set weather or not they'll allowed to view IP.I don't think it was ever specified if the mods on here are "super moderators" or "forum moderators".But either way, that wouldn't matter has only the admins have access to the ACP the the SQL toolbox.

The votes are what the votes are! If someone doesn't like you and is willing to go through all that trouble, then you should maybe not pi$$ people off. You're walking on very thin ice just by posting replies to this poll after the warnings I have given everyone.If you wish to venture on, go right ahead. But, if I were you, I'd quit while you're not loosing so badly.

I honestly had not heard of this until now, but, I have voted accordingly after reading through posts and compliants of relevance.I hope this is over with soon. Drama doesn't belong in this sort of environment. I get enough of that at school.

The votes are what the votes are!  If someone doesn't like you and is willing to go through all that trouble, then you should maybe not pi$$ people off. You're walking on very thin ice just by posting replies to this poll after the warnings I have given everyone.If you wish to venture on, go right ahead.  But, if I were you, I'd quit while you're not loosing so badly.

If you didn't want discussion, WHY leave the topic open. :)

If you didn't want discussion, WHY leave the topic open. :)

Actually it was closed from its inception. But since it was not getting a lot of traffic I was giving you a fair chance by opening it and letting people become aware of the poll. You have obviously done exactly what I expected and have behaved exactly as I've predicted which leaves me no choice but to act as I have warned I would.Eric, you're arrogance and immaturity shines brighter than the sun - and your modifications to your signature prove it. To claim that loosing you would be a loss is, regardless of its truth, just shows that you realize what you are doing is unacceptable and realizing that there are consequences for it. You have resorted to claim that the language I prefer to code in is inferior to the language you prefer to code in. And there is no avoiding the obvious attempt to get on my last nerve.Unfortunately for you, it has completely back fired. It only reinforces the decisions I have to make as a moderator. And only proves without a doubt to all the members who choose to review any portion of the conversations that you are not a valuable contribution to this community.I sincerely hope that your behavior changes at some point in your life. I really do. Maybe you will come back a changed person - we'll just wait and see.So take your one day suspension and think about it. If you choose to come back and instigate any contraversy - I will not hesitate to simply ban you - and that is a promise.P.S. You did not prompt a discussion - you made another accussation.

Eric,

I just wouldn't like it if people that didn't like me tried to tip the scale in their favor.
And why do you think that might be???Valuable resource huh? Well any amount of knowledge you bring to this forum is vastly out weighed by the controversy and trouble you bring to it.When you first came to this forum I had respect for the knowledge you obviously have...needless to say that is no longer the case.You seem to like definitions...you should look up the definition of the word class. I am not talking about programming, I am talking about having it.

Eric, whatever case you may have thought you had in the beginning of all this controversy, you need to realise when you're losing. You filed a complaint on me over a very small issue, and demanded my moderator title be revoked, and still, through all of this, you insist you were right in your claim. The person who would go through that much trouble to "tip the scales" as you say, is usually a person realising he's losing, as I also expected was the reason when you suggested it.Changing your signature like you've done now is not, whatever you may have thought to begin with, helping you a whole lot.http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...findpost&p=9342Here is an example of you, seemingly innocently, posting something, Firefox +1 Opera -1, which at that time was only very beside the point of the thread. But now, seeing as you're trying to ###### of Skemcin by dismissing ColdFusion as a programming language in your signature, I'm beginning to think I see a pattern. I'm a mod, I declare I like Opera, you diss Opera. Skemcin's a mod, he declares he likes ColdFusion, you diss ColdFusion. Is your problem in general with authority? Or is it otherwise immaturity over realising you are wrong? Even if you, like you say, have so much to contribute and are such a valuable source of information, you still need to contribute to a community and follow the rules put down like everyone else. If you have so much knowledge in webprogramming, then why don't you show us your site with css tutorials/examples that you claim to have made here:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...findpost&p=9660That way, we can all learn something new and interesting. Go on, I'm really curious about that site of yours, and have been for quite a while.

Me too, but I am sure that was just one of your 'I am the best' statements and the site in question doesn't even exist.Eric, if you would stop for just a moment and review what has happened...You initiated this whole mess by demanding Jonas lose his mod status...but you have been, over and over, far more rude, insulting, and just plain arrogant...what should we think???If I notice anymore of your immature crap then I will submit a formal request to have you ban permantly...I think there are plenty of people that feel the same way.Just grow up!

Eric has decided to leave the community indefinitely. I would expect that if he were to ever return that we would not hold any grudges and allow him a second chance no questions asked.