.htaccess with subdomain

KYKK

is it possible to have all folder in my domain to change to sub domain likehttp://kywebsite.co.cc/adminhttP://admin.kywebsite.co.cc is it possible to do so?I google .htaccess and subdomain and some sayRewriteEngine OnOptions +FollowSymlinksRewriteBase /RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} sub.yoursite.comRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !subfolder/RewriteRule ^(.*)$ subfolder/$1 [L]but it don't work..

any way not to use cpanel or any panel to add subdomain because I helping out a friend to do reseller and he want to give the user a subdomain like x10hosting i have ksclans.x10hosting.com when they register and without manually add with cpanel

• 3 weeks later...

This is a setting at the DNS level, not the web server level.If your hosting panel allows it, alias all subdomains to your main one. If not, you'll need to buy a separate "DNS hosting" service, adjust the domain to use those DNS servers, and do the settings from there. Alternatively, buy your own computer you'd use as a DNS server.In either way, once you configure that, it's up to Apache to decide what to give on each subdomain (thus allowing the reseller scenario you want). You MUST have access to Apache's settings, not just via .htaccess.Want to be a reseller from a shared hosting account? FORGET IT! The more of all components involved (DNS, Apache, etc.) you have FULL control on, the better.

Archived