Delete MySQL data with a link?

toxic27

As I suspected, the literal value: " $id " is being used as the search key for the delete function.Can you post the section of the script which handles the echoing of the 'delete' link? and the DB Query it uses, please.this is getting very close to completion. Just needs a minor adjustment to pick up the correct id value.

echo '</tr><tr>';if($session->isAdmin()){echo '<td align="left" style="text-indent: 14pt" colspan="2"><h5> '.stripslashes($info2->comment).'<br><a href="delete_comment.php?comment_id=$id">DELETE</a></h5><br></td>';}else{echo '<td align="left" style="text-indent: 14pt" colspan="2"><h5> '.stripslashes($info2->comment).'</h5><br></td>';}echo '</tr><tr>';

And what do you mean about the Database Query? MyPHPAdmin stuff?

Oh ok, this right?

//query comments for this page of this article$inf = "SELECT * FROM `comments` WHERE page = '".stripslashes($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])."' ORDER BY time ASC";$info = mysql_query($inf);if(!$info) die(mysql_error());

//query comments for this page of this article$inf = "SELECT * FROM `comments` WHERE page = '".stripslashes($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])."' ORDER BY time ASC";$info = mysql_query($inf);if(!$info) die(mysql_error());$req_user_info = $database->getUserInfo($req_user);$info_rows = mysql_num_rows($info);if($info_rows > 0) {echo '<table width="400pt">';while($info2 = mysql_fetch_object($info)) { echo '<tr>'; if($session->logged_in){echo '<td><div style="color: lightslategray" align="left"><br><h5>Comment by '.$req_user_info['username'].' on '.$info2->date.'</h5></b></div></td>';}else{echo '<td><div style="color: lightslategray" align="left"><br><h5>Comment by '.$req_user_info['username'].' on '.$info2->date.'</h5></b></div></td>';}echo '</tr><tr>';if($session->isAdmin()){echo '<td align="left" style="text-indent: 14pt" colspan="2"><h5> '.stripslashes($info2->comment).'<br><a href="delete_comment.php?comment_id=$id">DELETE</a></h5><br></td>';}else{echo '<td align="left" style="text-indent: 14pt" colspan="2"><h5> '.stripslashes($info2->comment).'</h5><br></td>';

Here you go

I am not familiar with OOPS style code. More a procedural guy, myself, but try this:

if($session->isAdmin()){$id = $info2->id;echo '<td align="left" style="text-indent: 14pt" colspan="2"><h5> '.stripslashes($info2->comment).'<br><a href="delete_comment.php?comment_id=$id">DELETE</a></h5><br></td>';}

Okay, wait for someone who knows OOPS to come along and figure out the correct code to add the id number into the delete link.Sorry that I am unable to finish this one for you.

Archived