retrieve value from repeat region using onclick

xjx424

try this:

bod = new Array();function init () {var links = document.getElementById("mail_list").getElementsByTagName("a");var bodies = document.getElementById("mail_list").getElementsByTagName("input");for (i2 = 0; bodies[i2]; i2++) {bod[i2] = bodies[i2].value;}for (i = 0; links[i]; i++) {links[i].onclick = function hiya () {document.getElementById("body_text").value = bod[this.id.match(/[0-9]+$/)];}links[i].id += 2*i // HERE IS WHERE I CHANGED IT}}window.onload = init;

Seems a little iffy to me. It might throw off your check boxes, but if it works it works. If you have more problems just come on back lol.If you want to know how i figured that out so you can learn, I just saw that all of your input boxes were causing the emails to open on every other email so i just accounted for the double inputs by making the variable double when assigning the id's.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, you are welcome. And if I end up helping you in the future, for sake of saving time, I'm not going to say you're welcome anymore ok? lolPS: Your page is looking good. Keep it up.EDIT: I suppose you could have made the increment for the for loop go up by 2 each time? I didn't try that but I guess there are several ways to do one thing.

Archived