Advantages of a Pure CSS layout over tables

me16_17

well you can change many atributed in a short time if you have like 10 pages and the same code and classes/ID's then with just 1 alteration in the CSS file all 10 are altered instead of normal html where you have to edit all of them 1 at a time. that takes 10 times more time. just 1 of the advantages :)the second one is that instead of useing alot of tables to move the layout, menys and all that, all can be altered in the CSS so there will there again be lesser code.and designing are much easier to perform and it looks more profecional :) here you can see how css can work.http://www.w3schools.com/css/demo_default.htm

Your question confuses me a bit? CSS won't replace tables in your page, it can be used to effect their formatting but not to completely replace them, you will still need to use either tables or divs (or frames) to define the basic layout of your page.The main advantage to CSS is that it is designed specifically to control the formatting of your website. HTML was never originally intended for storing detailed information on the formatting of elements and thus even though there are many tags/attributes you can use to format your elements directly in the html it is always better and you have far more options if you do it through CSS.The other key advantage is that many HTML formatting attributes are being deprecated, although this isn't likely to be a problem for users using pc's it may mean that users using new browser types (for instance on mobile phones) have problems viewing your site. If you only use valid XHTML and CSS as per the w3c web standards then you should avoid such problems.

CSS uses less code than a giant table. Also, when you divide your page in division tags with IDs and Classes, your markup is much more readable. Those are two great advatages, and the main reasons I would recommend a CSS layout over a table-layout any day.

I may include that load time is affected greatly when you use tables. Unlike division tags, tables wait until the whole table is loaded before displaying. Division tags display as the code is read, which IMO, added with the smaller file sizes because of less code (which also helps with quicker load time) is enough in its own to use division tags and CSS.~Aphotic

I may include that load time is affected greatly when you use tables. Unlike division tags, tables wait until the whole table is loaded before displaying. Division tags display as the code is read, which IMO, added with the smaller file sizes because of less code (which also helps with quicker load time) is enough in its own to use division tags and CSS.~Aphotic

I did not know that. now i do :)