Multiple Link Colors & Hovers...

mandy1111

Okay, I have honestly searched and searched for an answer.. :):(:) I had it the other night.. but can't remember exactly what I did.How can I make my links have multiple hover styles. I need some links to be just plain text color changes.. and some to have the background change to different colors from each other... Here is the site link: Website Nightmarebody { font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-attachment: fixed; background-image: url(bkgd-page.jpg); color: eef3e5;}a:link { color: #6B7690; text-decoration: none;}a:visited { color: #6B7690; text-decoration: none;}a:hover { color: D0D8C0; text-decoration: underline;}a:active { color: D0D8C0; text-decoration: underline;}#navbartable a:link, a:visited { display: block; color: #EEF3E5; text-align: center; text-decoration: none;}#navbartable a:hover, a:active { color: 6B7690; background-color: EEF3E5; display: block; text-decoration: none;}.text { color: 6B7690;}Pleeeeeeez HELP ME!!!!!!! :D

well i have not used ID at this point but i think this will work.in the <a href scr="../"></a> add a ID tag like <a href ID="newcolor1" scr="../"></a> for an exampelyou can name it what you want.and in the css file it could look like

a:hover#newcolor1 { color: #FEFAED;}a:hover#newcolor2 { color: #EEEEEE;}

hope this helped alittle :)enlight me ppl if i did it wrong. first time useing id seens mmmh 4 month

To be honest with myslef, I've never used ID's for links, so I don't know if that will work... but I know Classes do :)Link: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_pseudo_classes.aspYou should use that as a reference.

<style type="text/css">a.main:link {color: blue;text-decoration: underline}a.main:visited {color: blue;text-decoration: underline;}a.main:hover  {color: blue;text-decoration: none;}</style>

you need to apply the class property to the links like this:

<a class="main" href="#">Link Text</a>

that will work also RahXephon :(just never thought about that it. lolhehe and i missed the a:link a:visited :)mandy1111 go for RahXephon suggestions hhe :)