starting out

Guest metalmiester42

Guest metalmiester42

ok im really new at this stuff. im a highschooler only 15 right now. i find everything about html and comuters very interesting and would love to get more into it. is there anything else i should do besides going through the totorials and examples?

Hehe..i'm younger than you! :)Html is easy, you'll get it in a snap when you get the basic concept. Then all you have to do is memorize all of the tags. :)

There's nothing else you should do. Just ask questions if you have one. You dont really learn HTML overnight... Maybe you should practice more. and really if you wanna be good at this you have got to have the passion for it. Otherwise it will just bore you. Study the tags and its attributes. Use these tags often everytime you creata an html page. Start creating simple websites then more complex ones. Stop using WYSIWYG editors like frontpage. use notepad instead. It's purely hands-on coding, unlike the WYSISYG editors where they actually write the HTML code for you.Even if you're albert einstein, for sure you will memorize all the tags, the description of each, its corresponding attributes, etc... but really, that doesnt make you an HTML coder at all. You need to apply what you learn. and the best way to do it is simply (as what most people will always tell you) practice.

There's nothing else you should do. Just ask questions if you have one. You dont really learn HTML overnight... Maybe you should practice more. and really if you wanna be good at this you have got to have the passion for it. Otherwise it will just bore you. Study the tags and its attributes. Use these tags often everytime you creata an html page. Start creating simple websites then more complex ones. Stop using WYSIWYG editors like frontpage. use notepad instead. It's purely hands-on coding, unlike the WYSISYG editors where they actually write the HTML code for you.Even if you're albert einstein, for sure you will memorize all the tags, the description of each, its corresponding attributes, etc... but really, that doesnt make you an HTML coder at all. You need to apply what you learn. and the best way to do it is simply (as what most people will always tell you) practice.

Really nice suggestion.I too suggest only to use notepad to learn HTML, to get complete control on it.Later getting expertise on the topic u can opt for Frontpage, Dreamweaver etc., for faster creation of designs for ur page.I suggest u to refer HTML Black Book as a Beginners, since it uses daily conversation language for expalination.

ok im really new at this stuff.  im a highschooler only 15 right now.  i find everything about html and comuters very interesting and would love to get more into it.  is there anything else i should do besides going through the totorials and examples?

I'm the same age you are and I know HTML. But like the two guys above me said use Notepad. That is the only way you will ever learn. Never use programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver unless you don't want to learn anything.

Using notepad is good, however I would also recommend using dreamweaver to make a page, and then look at it from notepad , or dreamweavers code view, then you can see the code that has been generated, and therefore see how it works.Right-click > View source is always a winner as far as I see if you want to understand other peoples pages.