Units in CSS

Aphotic

Hey, my question is a pretty simple one, what are the benifits of using pixels or em's? Is it better to use one throughout the whole code? I sometimes find myself using both in the same code, because I create many images for my sites, too, and in doing so I've developed a strong understand of pixels and relationships. With em's, though, it seems like it's almost an estimate. Is there a ratio in which so many pixels equal 1 em? I thought I read somewhere that there are other units, too, but that might've been either different variants on code or for something completely different. Does it develop into pretty much a personal preference on using them, or does W3 want toconvert the whole web into using this. It seems that they are both valid, which is what raises the question to me. Oh, and if you don't think this is relevant to CSS, it is.~Aphotic

em just increase or decrease based on the default or current size. Pixels are the size you set them no matter what.If you use pixels users cannot change the text size in their browsers (View->Text Size) but they can if you use em