W#Schools site - blank pages???

caiblack

W3Schools site is a great and invaluable resource.Unfortunately, I have not been able to access this resource for a while now.The homepage loads fine, but when I click ANY internal link all I get is a blank page. When i do a view source it appears as though IIS quit rendering the page after the opening body tag.I have tested this on several machines and it seems to be down to the specific versin of IE that is running on this machine: Version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO Update Versions:; SP2; (yes, there is an initial semi-colon)I read in other posts that I can use FireFox to view the site just fine, but I am not going to do that. Why? Because, that's like turning up the car radio because the engine is "making a funny noise". Also called ignoring the problem. Not going to happen. So, I will keep checking back, but until it's fixed I guess that I will need to use other resources ... notably my immense digital library called "the rest of the Internet". I hope you get it fixed.

there seems to be a lot of people experiencing this. Perhaps a mod should start a sticky post and have everyone that ahs this problem post there pc setup and browser version, etc.This needs to be resolved.

The homepage loads fine, but when I click ANY internal link all I get is a blank page.  When i do a view source it appears as though IIS quit rendering the page after the opening body tag.I have tested this on several machines and it seems to be down to the specific versin of IE that is running on this machine:  Version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO  Update Versions:; SP2;  (yes, there is an initial semi-colon)

We have not had any other reports of this problem. Could forum users please respond if they have the same problem?

We think we have solved the problem. Please report back if the problem continues.

Someone else had this problem a while back using IE, i suggested trying FF and it worked after that.Maybe this is just an IE problem?see: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2185

Someone else had this problem a while back using IE, i suggested trying FF and i worked after that.Maybe this is just an IE problem?see: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2185

it may be. I have IE and FF on my dev server and some websites I try to view in IE load very slow or not at all but work fine in FF.Not sure why but it is very annoying, if you use IE anyway.

Can't Acess Any Content on W3schools, what's up?I tried clicking on several of the links around and within the main page, all that happens is it takes me to a BLANK page with the correct title and says done in the taskbar. Nothing else. I'm new here so maybe I'm not holding my mouth right or something, any suggestions? :)

Can't Acess Any Content on W3schools, what's up?I tried clicking on several of the links around and within the main page, all that happens is it takes me to a BLANK page with the correct title and says done in the taskbar.  Nothing else.  I'm new here so maybe I'm not holding my mouth right or something, any suggestions? :)

download firefox....for some reason IE has problems loading pages sometimes.

download firefox....for some reason IE has problems loading pages sometimes.

Wow, "download FireFox".No, not a viable solution. On a site about web development that should not even remotely be suggested as a course of action.If I told the users on our intranet to "just download FireFox" I would be fired.I have FireFox installed (have had it for about 3 months or so), but I am not going to choose that as a solution to a web development bug.Sorry for the rant.FYI, I am still seeing the problem.

Wow, "download FireFox".No, not a viable solution.  On a site about web development that should not even remotely be suggested as a course of action.If I told the users on our intranet to "just download FireFox" I would be fired.I have FireFox installed (have had it for about 3 months or so), but I am not going to choose that as a solution to a web development bug.Sorry for the rant.FYI, I am still seeing the problem.

I agree. If you've found a browser you like, stick with it. Choosing a different browser over a problem like this shouldn't be necessary. Maybe temporarily change browser though, if it's the case that your use of w3schools.com is urgent. Unless the problem is figured out, it can't be fixed.

Hello.We are trying to fix the problem. We think it is a problem due to traffic (which is good for us, but we may need to make some adjustments), but we have problems testing this properly. Could people who get this problem try to let the page load for an extra 15-30 seconds? Even if it displays "done" in the statusbar. If it is a traffic problem, the page should display after a bit of time. Please resopond here with the result.This would help us a lot.

I had a similar problem once. IE would open my Hotmail account as a blank page. I tried Netscape (with the FF engine) and everything workewd fine. I've been using Netscape since then, but I would like to point out that I've formatted my Windows drive and now IE works fine. Of course I didn't format my computer because I wanted to solve the IE-hotmail problem, it was something else. I don't think the problem had to do with traffic, because there were several indications that my IE installation was buggy (and indeed my entire verison of Windows XP, bad hack probably). First of all I would go to Help->About to check my version of IE and all I would find was an empty space next to version. I couldn't execute any JS either even though I'm positive I had JS enabled. There were also quite a few glitches here and there. I hope this info helps in any way. I wasn't into Web developing then and I wasn't in love with W3Schools yet, so I don't know how it would have displayed on IE back then.But my point is: I don't understand why you're so againt changing to another browser. Firefox is amazing. Way better than IE. By using another browser, you'll lose nothing. If you continue using IE, it isn't like a magical alert box will pop up and tell you what's wrong, right?

Guest Mister Quick
We have not had any other reports of this problem. Could forum users please respond if they have the same problem?

Dear Kaijim,I do have the same problem here!! On different computers [XP Home and XP Professional]....but NOT with FireFox, so it seems that the problem exist only in IE.My colleague has Windlows 2000 Pro with IE6 and does NOT experience any problem,so it seems a problem with Windows XP with IE6.I never had problems loading w3schools before, but since two weeks (at least..) I do experience problems loading subpages from w3schools.com [blank pages...see code below!].Thanx,Mister Quick----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html><head><title>Web Primer</title> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" /><meta name="Keywords" content="xml,tutorial,html,dhtml,css,xsl,xhtml,javascript,asp,ado,vbscript,dom,sql,colors,soap,php,authoring,programming,training,learning,beginner's guide,primer,lessons,school,howto,reference,examples,samples,source code,tags,demos,tips,links,FAQ,tag list,forms,frames,color table,w3c,cascading style sheets,active server pages,dynamic html,internet,database,development,Web building,Webmaster,html guide" /><meta name="Description" content="Free HTML, XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, DHTML, XML, DOM, XSL, XSLT, RSS, ASP, ADO, PHP, SQL tutorial, reference, examples for web building." /><meta http-equiv="pragma" content="no-cache" /><meta http-equiv="cache-control" content="no-cache" /><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/stdtheme.css" /></head><body>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------