[wip] My Site

Shade

Ah, not bad, a larger header font size and some purpose and you might have a good site. :)I like the slider on the menu, but it would be good if it translated back to behind the current page on mouseout.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Shade, how did you do that slider? I mean, the thing that is moving when I hover on Home,Gallery,Renders ..
A javascript moves the background-image of the table containing the links, based on which link the mouse is on.that is , start function gets mouse position(m=100,200 or 300) from mouseover event.the code:
// JavaScript Document: moves the tab background//final pos varsvar xf = 0;//current pos varvar xn = 400;var m = 0;//speedvar spd = 1;// interval handlervar int1 = "off";//initiate timerfunction start(m){	xf = m;	if(int1=="off"){int1 = window.setInterval('slide()',20);}}//stopfunction halt(){	window.clearInterval(int1);	int1 = "off";}//slidefunction slide() {	// speed proportion	spd = Math.abs(xf -xn);	spd = spd/10;	spd = Math.round(spd);	spd = spd + 1;		// move the bg	if(xn < xf){xn = xn + spd;}	if(xn > xf){xn = xn - spd;}	if(Math.abs(xf-xn) <=2 ){halt();} //whithin 2px of final pos		//update css	document.getElementById('tabs').style.backgroundPosition = xn + "px" + " 0px";}

I like the site, it looks nice. I went to all the JS, CSS, and image pages to study how you put together with the divs and whatnot and came up with a question:Unless I'm reading it wrong you're table has no transparency or opticacy setting and yet its clearly transparent. How have you done this effect? I was looking for a site similar to this to collect information for my own site so I would really like to know how the transparency was done. I know how to make a div transparent but yours is kind of different and I can't quite put my finger on it. It's very interesting.

I like the site, it looks nice. I went to all the JS, CSS, and image pages to study how you put together with the divs and whatnot and came up with a question:Unless I'm reading it wrong you're table has no transparency or opticacy setting and yet its clearly transparent. How have you done this effect? I was looking for a site similar to this to collect information for my own site so I would really like to know how the transparency was done. I know how to make a div transparent but yours is kind of different and I can't quite put my finger on it. It's very interesting.
The person is using semi-transparent PNGs as a background image.

• 3 weeks later...

the transparent pngs don't work in ie6 you might want to look in to a javascript fix for that. There are loads out there.

Now i got it :), excellent work! The slider really does it. I like the colour scheme asswell well, One of my personal favourites brown with orange if u do it right, and what u have done is really amazing. May i ask what the purpose of the site is?:)

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for replies.

the transparent pngs don't work in ie6 you might want to look in to a javascript fix for that. There are loads out there.
It doesn't. Even with IE7 (some css parts). and you probably wouldn't have noticed the animatedanalog clock which is SVG and IE never supports it. I generally take firefox and Opera as reference.
I can't go to the site, none of the links work, they all say that it's not available. :)
this is hosted with a free hosting service, so the servers are a bit lousy ;P .
Now i got it :), excellent work! The slider really does it. I like the colour scheme asswell well, One of my personal favourites brown with orange if u do it right, and what u have done is really amazing. May i ask what the purpose of the site is?:)
this site is going to be my image gallery, and the place to test web-coding projects. there will be another version of this interface, later.I intended to design a pleasant and upto W3C standards, site interface. Just need some content to add.
That looks excellent!Mind pointing me in the right direction to where you got the info for that slide thing in the menu?
If you know a little javascript, you can move/change any element on a web page.so I put together a bit of functions to move background png.the script is posted above.

thank you.well, this SVG does show in my firefox 3 and opera 9.BTW I just added a flash image viewer. It directly loads images from given directories without any server side coding.and some graphics effects. I can't decide whether to keep that sun flare effect or not.check it out SITE UPDATE

• 2 weeks later...

I love it! Keep it simple looking like it is. *wishes that I had flash abilities*

Archived