broken border in IE

emaston

Hello,Something strange is happening with my borders in IE. I'm hoping someone can help. I have two div's relatively close to each other, each with a 1px border. In IE when the page loads, most of the border doesn't show up. It only registers in pieces here and there. If I reload the page, the entire border will appear. I don't experience this problem in Opera or Foxfire.Any thoughts?Thanksem

You see little pieces of the border? As in a dotted line? Or do you see only half the border, as in it should have been thicker?One thing I know, is that IE builds the border on the outside of the element, while FF and Opera take space from the element to make the border, sort of like padding. So a 200px wide div with a 5px border would be 205px wide in IE, 200px wide in FF/Opera. If they're close together as you say, the borders would melt into each other more in IE than in the other browsers. I've had this problem before when I used tables for layout, because I could never get the table cells to be positioned at the same spot with borders. Now I use <div>'s, and if I want a border I'll use a repeated background-image.