Link For Image Transition

amitamberker

Everything in your example would be commented out and there would be no code to execute.If you are just looking to separate out your code segments, you can do it like this:

/* Begin first code block */Image1 = new Object();window.onerror=animation/* End first code block *//* Begin second code block */2nd Script [Roll Over]/* End second code block *//* Begin third code block */3rd Script [Menu]/* End third code block */

okay. gotch you. but wondering where did justsomeguy disappear since he was the one who was interacting with me to resolve my queries.

jesh, but isn't /* */ a css comment?

Everything in your example would be commented out and there would be no code to execute.If you are just looking to separate out your code segments, you can do it like this:
/* Begin first code block */Image1 = new Object();window.onerror=animation/* End first code block *//* Begin second code block */2nd Script [Roll Over]/* End second code block *//* Begin third code block */3rd Script [Menu]/* End third code block */

That defines a multi-line comment in several different languages, including CSS, Javascript, C/C++, PHP, Java, etc.
gotch you justsomeguy! thanks for the info... could you please help on my new post about "image move" topic?

hey... is that correct?Image4 = new Object();Image4.src = "new_images/slide_04.jpg"Image4.href = "mailto:abc@domain.org";Image5 = new Object();Image5.src = "new_images/slide_05.jpg"Image5.href = "mailto:def@domain.org";

The syntax is correct.
thank you justsomeguy... i tried and it's working great...

hey... the image transition fade effect doesn't work in mozilla firefox and google chrome browsers... how can i fix it?

hey... the image transition fade effect doesn't work in mozilla firefox and google chrome browsers... how can i fix it?
The technique your script uses to fade is only supported by IE, that's why I suggested using jquery in the first few posts.

The technique your script uses to fade is only supported by IE, that's why I suggested using jquery in the first few posts.
yeah... i remember you suggesting me using jquery in the first few posts. but you know what justsomeguy? i wanted to learn in the basic [my] script... however, i will try to follow jquery now...

If you want to change your script, research how the other browsers support opacity. Right now you're doing the fade with these lines:if (document.all)slide.filters.blendTrans.apply()...if (document.all)slide.filters.blendTrans.play()The if statements there are trying to check if the browser is IE (although document.all does not guarantee that the browser is IE, it guarantees that something called "all" is a property of the document object, nothing more). So the script is specifically tailored for IE and nothing else. If you want to expand support, research how other browsers handle opacity or transparency and then replace those sections with the code that will run in all browsers.

If you want to change your script, research how the other browsers support opacity. Right now you're doing the fade with these lines:if (document.all)slide.filters.blendTrans.apply()...if (document.all)slide.filters.blendTrans.play()The if statements there are trying to check if the browser is IE (although document.all does not guarantee that the browser is IE, it guarantees that something called "all" is a property of the document object, nothing more). So the script is specifically tailored for IE and nothing else. If you want to expand support, research how other browsers handle opacity or transparency and then replace those sections with the code that will run in all browsers.
okay. but how do i research [of-course in google] about how does other browsers support opacity? perhaps i need to search as "opacity js code for browsers". what do you think? i tried the jquery which you suggested in the first few posts but it does a different thing. i mean, it does a different sort of image transition and hence i ignored it.

Most of them use custom CSS properties. CSS2 has an opacity property, but I think Opera might be the only browser that actually supports it.http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...-8&oe=utf-8http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&cli...amp;btnG=Search
lordy... lordy... sigh! just thinking...

Archived