xml writing and project

mona

hi every one, I'm new in xml. Actually I'm taking an xml course and I should make a writing and a programming project about xml.I need your help to choose my writing title and a project suggestions, in a way that they'll be related to each other.for example, if I choose my writing as "xml and database", I make the project in xml with mysql.Actually I know how to write xml files, and I know database carefully and also php and I can learn java if it is needed but the problem is that I don't know what kind of project can I do and what languages I should use, and wht is simpler to me as new in xml.please can any one give me a suggestion and help me choosing my project ?

I'm not sure, but I think you may integrate portions of XML files into a database, retrieve them and transform them into several forms to show the flixibility of XML. Another thing would be to make the interface by XML and XSLT and execute the transformations.By the way, I'm not even sure what exactly you are asking for. Ideas for the usage of XML and related technologies, XML only? Idea for a theme (movie, music, game, etc.) for a site build with XML and/or related tehnologies?

I'm searching for ideas about an xml webpage, and how can I do it? (by what languages). only a certain idea about a webpage that can be done simply by xml to be as final project of my courseAlso I want o know if I can make xml, xsl or xslt with databases or notif yes, how?

The only way you may edit XML based files (XML, XSLT, XSL-FO, SVG, etc.) is with server side scripting. The server side itself could actually connect with a database and fill some variable(s) which would affect the overall look of the whole thing.You can do XML only file and use XSLT to transform it to make it look like an XHTML page, but it won't have that WOW efefct. At least I can't imagine it without server side scripting though. If you could make such a thing only on the client side, you would definetly impress the whole web design community :) .There's also a way any XML based language could be embbed inside an XML document. By adding a namespace in the beggining. Imagine if you add and all of them :) .In short: the possibilities of all XML technologies combined are virtually limitless. You need to know what are you looking after and then see what you need for it.

Apache is a server setup.Server Side Script refers to all languages that are performed on the server using Apache. This include PHP, ASP(.NET), ColdFusion, JSP, etc.

why not stick on to what you already known such as PHP, mySQL, Apache and XML for beginners :). Yes a a good writingwill be "XML and Database" but dont miss on what you already have known. Me im new with XML either but hey I dont miss those scripts I've known. So in your writing add all those scripts/databases and a twist with XML.thus "Script Languages and Databases" sounds good to you? cheers,