Beginning Flash And Animation

jadiebrown

I am really keen to start learning flash and animation. My XHTML, JavaScript and PHP is really starting to get concrete and I'd like to move onto more complex stuff - to really get web pages to "dance". Besides the adobe software, are there any other flash software packages (preferably open source as I'm really not in a position to afford the big guns) or animation packages that anyone has tried. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

There are no free Flash developing applications.Flash is not all that accessible. Many of the effects you may want on a page can possibly be done with CSS and Javascript.

I just wanted to add another question to this topic - regarding animation... I want to make a door and I want the door to open. I am very new when it comes to animation and dynamic coding so I am wondering where do I actually start. Do I use a picture of a door or do I have to make the door myself? Do I use DHTML or JavaScript? Am I supposed to be making a .gif? I'm not looking for someone to give me the door as such but rather to just set me on the right path to this kind of thing.

• 4 months later...
I just wanted to add another question to this topic - regarding animation... I want to make a door and I want the door to open. I am very new when it comes to animation and dynamic coding so I am wondering where do I actually start. Do I use a picture of a door or do I have to make the door myself? Do I use DHTML or JavaScript? Am I supposed to be making a .gif? I'm not looking for someone to give me the door as such but rather to just set me on the right path to this kind of thing.
#you could design a door in Adobe illustrator. Then different stages of the door opening and closing.Import the door into adobe flash , add actionscript to refer to the door you want open and close. flash to open and close the door by reffering to the frame labels you have set up of a opendoor and a close door. "opendoor"and "close door"then embedd the swf into html page.//actionscript code//door.onRollover = function{door.gotoAndPLay("opendoor");}door.onRollout = function{door.gotoAndPLay("opendoor");}its is a possible way good luck

Archived