Xml Editor For Ubuntu

shadowayex

Hello. I did some googling for an XML editor for Ubuntu and I found XML Copy Editor, which seems like it could be nice. I also found Eclipse, but I'm almost intimidated by it :). I mean, I may end up using it but as of right now I'm just starting XML and I wanted an editor that will help me learn to write correctly. I just want something with a validator to validate my XML and Schema (and evenutally XSLT and other XML related languages). I don't need anything fancy that will write things on it's own or auto-correct or whatever. Just something with an editor and validator for XML and related languages. anyone have any suggestions? I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using Kubuntu 8.04 and I too am looking for a good editor within which to do a lot of my web stuff. I've just recently downloaded Quanta Plus through Kubuntu's add/remove program list, and it looks pretty good and has some nice features that sound like they might hit your target.In addition to HTML and CSS, it has in its XML tools an XML validator and XSL processing unit and also includes a PHP debugger, which sounds kind of nifty! Now mind you, I've just downloaded it and I'm looking at it and a lot of other editors I downloaded through Kubuntu's add/remove developer's software, so I can't tell you it's the best (because I've just not had time to test out all the other editors). I can only tell you I've not seen other editors yet with an XML validator and XSL processing unit and PHP debugger all in one editor and all in open-source software. If you download Quanta Plus, look in the Help menu's User's Manual for quick access to the features I've mentioned here (they're all detailed there).Happy coding to you!

Archived