Rsmmedia

richscom

• 2 weeks later...

The design is nice, but I discourage the use of tables and frames for layout, or all the presentational attributes such as background, bgcolor, align or width.You should move all the styling to an external stylesheet and use <div> elements to layout the page.I assume the page is made with Dreamweaver, from what I see. If you're using Dreamweaver, I recommend not using design mode, and only use code view.

I like the image gallery you are using, but I don't think anyone should have to select an option from the left hand frame before seeing a preview of your work, their should be a default selected on page load.Overall I think the design is poor, many good ideas, but poorly executed and incongrously fit together. As has been mentioned, tables for layout and frames for content is not the most elegant use of html, and typically tables for layout is bad practice.Instead of frames, you can use a div with fixed dimensions and the css rule, overflow:scroll, then load specific content using a server-side script or ajax, although I would advise against using javascript to load any core content.Good effort, but personally I believe you should take another look at what you are doing and how you are doing. Start at the beginning, plan what you want on paper and then you can ascertain what the best techniques to achieve your goal.

Design is simple, looks fine with me and it's working though I have read the source it's hard to maintain. My suggestions would be, separating the Style <CSS>, Script <javascript> and link it in your HTML. Readable and manageable code will also be a good practice.

It looks good in terms of layout but maybe work on the colors a bit. They aren't all that great. Anyway, keep on designing!

It's worth adding a color definition to the body selector - I have changed my defaults so that the default background is green and text color is brown, because you can't trust everyone to have the same defaults - always specify. Your text is showing up brown, meaning you haven't specified this attribute (unless you wanted brown, but that's unlikely - it's not a nice shade). Chibs gets the award for overuse of hyphens.

Archived