First Time Making A Php Site

gameboyz

hi this is my first time making a php site for my clan (of a game), I'm only 15 so I have NO experience in database security. so it's expected that my login page for admins to post updates would be VERY VERY easy to hack into. So naturally I'd like to hide that page from search engines; is it safe to use the noindex method only? or should I implement some other things or what.cheers!

There should be some sort of password required in order to access that page. For example:

<?phpif($_POST['submit']){if($_POST['field']=="passwordhere"){//allow access}}else{echo "<form method='POST'>Enter the password to proceed.<br /><br /><input type='text' name='field'><br /><br /><input type='submit' name='submit' value='Continue'></form>";}?>

...or something like that.

There should be some sort of password required in order to access that page. For example:
<?phpif($_POST['submit']){if($_POST['field']=="passwordhere"){//allow access}}else{echo "<form method='POST'>Enter the password to proceed.<br /><br /><input type='text' name='field'><br /><br /><input type='submit' name='submit' value='Continue'></form>";}?>

...or something like that.

Yup I know, in fact I might be comparing the encrypted version of the password with one in the database so people can register for it. But it'll be hack-able using SQL injection so it's dangerous. Anyway I think I'll use Wordpress, it's safer :)
use the robots.txt file to stop legitimate Bots from indexing the page.
Can I use the robots meta tag?

You should try to make the login page secure in itself, people will still find it and "rogue" (or just badly-coded) speiders may still index it by mistake.Btw Google only ignores the "keywords" meta.

Archived