Completion Of File Write

ameliabob

I am having a timitng problem when trying to write an XML file with the statement

file_put_contents( $userProfileFileName, $XMLprofile->asXML());

It does not seem to be completed before the program goes on. I am trying to read it later but it has not been updated.My thoughts are a buffer that is not getting flushed on the write or a buffer that is being held in the serverAny help would be appreciated.

I'd suggest you put in a log of some sort to track if and when the writing is successful. If this code is still experimental, normal echoes will also do:

echo 'Writing to file at ', microtime(true) ,'...';file_put_contents( $userProfileFileName, $XMLprofile->asXML());echo 'File writing completed at ', microtime(true);

And log file access in a similar fashion.Either way, the microtime is there to ensure that each output will be unique. If there's some sort of server caching (which is what I'd suggest is the case), this should eliminate it or at least make it visible as such - if the start of the reading time is a smaller number than the start of the writing time, or the times don't change, it's a race condition or a caching issue respectively.

Archived