Off Topic.. Got My First Job

mobone

So I got my first PHP job and am worried the guy doesn't want to go with me anymore. He wanted a bike store with 20 categories and several items in each. It would have a page to display the items in the category, and then when you click it a new page would open with more information. Just like any web store. He also wanted an easy to use admin panel that was password protected that he could add/remove/edit any category or item. I told him it would take 15 - 30 hours at $15/hour. So anywhere from $225 to $450. Now I'm worried since he hasn't responded for two days, that he thinks that is too much. Is it too much? I'd make it all nice with css and everything, not some crummy job.He did take two days to respond to my first email to though.Edit: it's actually only been one day.. I'm just nervous/excited.

$15 / hour is (relatively) horrible! As long as your solution works I think he'd be happy.

$15 / hour is (relatively) horrible! As long as your solution works I think he'd be happy.
I just went real low cause it's my first job. So you don't think he ran cause it was quoted too high. Or by horrible did you mean it was too high.

I just went real low cause it's my first job. So you don't think he ran cause it was quoted too high. Or by horrible did you mean it was too high.
I'm thinking horribly low, but, as a first job, you take what you can. Good luck.

The best reasons for doing work on the cheap or for free are (1) to develop your portfolio and (2) to create a reference. Ideally, you'll get both out of this. If not . . .

Archived