Earning Money

pritam79

Hi everyone, I am new to this web development thing and the benefits from owning a website and generating income from such source. As far as web development is concerned, I have just started off learning PHP-MySql and its use in developing a site. Also creating a site with PHP-MySql would definitely need some experience with the language. So, I would like to know if there are ways to earn money from a site ( I want to earn while I learn) as I have heard about things like blogspot, google adsense, etc that help one earn money through adds. Are these ( blogs, adsense etc) such an easy way to earn from a site/blog without having any programming experience? Can anyone give me a detailed description of these things? Thanking everyone………..

Adsense isn't related to web developing in any way. Adsense is just a program where Google pays you money in exchange of having their ads on your blog or website.You can't make a living off a website itself, but you can use a website to help sell products and services to people.Whichever way you put it, money never comes easy in this world.

Adsense isn't related to web developing in any way. Adsense is just a program where Google pays you money in exchange of having their ads on your blog or website.You can't make a living off a website itself, but you can use a website to help sell products and services to people.Whichever way you put it, money never comes easy in this world.
That response did not help me, i wanted a clear description kind of thing about these because i have found such claims on the net. anyway thanks. hoping for a more descriptive explanation in the next post........ :)

Making money from the web is simple.* You make a site people like.* If you have a lot of visitors you sell ad space and charge CPM rates.Two step process :)But easier said then done. You probably won't make any money while you are still learning. Companies don't just buy ad space just because you sell it, they want a large audience. Then you can sell ad space with "Cost Per Mile" rates. This is the standard for ad space (as apposed to pay-per-click). For example, a generic top banner/side banner is about $6 cpm. You can charge this monthly. But what is cost per mile? Mile is Latin for one thousand. So lets say you have 100,000 visitors per month (non-unique visitors). That means-Generic side banner: $6 x 100 = $600 per month from that one banner.Good luck getting that many visitors though. Everything has pretty much been done, the only way you can get that many visitors is by making the same thing but better. Take social networking sites.Twitter is the new facebook, facebook was the new myspace, myspace was the new xanga. They were all the SAME thing just a little bit better. So you have to be good at programming unless you're like me and have an idea (two actually) that no one has ever done before :)(and I'm not sharing, hehe).

There are three main ways of making money directly from a website.

• Subscriptions ("web 1.0")
  • Ads ("web 2.0")
  • Merchant systems, for both electronic resources and actual items.

Just blogging won't make you money, unless you are selling your services...

• 10 months later...
That response did not help me, i wanted a clear description kind of thing about these because i have found such claims on the net. anyway thanks. hoping for a more descriptive explanation in the next post........ :)
if it was any easier than Ingolme suggested, don't you think everyone would already be doing it by now? The point he was trying to make is you have to actually have a service, product, or HUGE audience already coming to your site, none of which is likely to happen if you're just starting out, which is why people make careers out of technology and development, and then get paid for it. As Ingolme rightly said, money just doesn't come to you because you want it to, or because people say it can. In my country (USA) about a decade ago a lot of people found this out the hard way, getting millions/billions of dollars in startup and investment money for all these websites that didn't really do anything and guess what happened....the bubble burst and a lot of that money went up in smoke. You're better of learning how to make good websites from a technology point of view, learning the basics and fundamentals and with enough time and dedication, you can either go into business yourself doing web development, or get a job in their field. Each is more likely to happen rather than playing the ".com lottery".edit: damn. just realized this was an old post. so much for trying to branch out into other sub forums, :)

Making money from the web is simple.* You make a site people like.* If you have a lot of visitors you sell ad space and charge CPM rates.
OR...you sell a product or service that people consider worth paying money for. I have sites that generate income solely through CPM/CPC actions, and I have some that sell products and/or services. It's hard to say which is better to do...on one hand the CPM/CPC sites generate a fairly steady monthly income, but just a few sales of a reasonably-priced product or service can quickly surpass what the CPM/CPC sites bring in.
  • The nice thing about services and downloadable products is that you only have to make them once, and then you sell them over and over. All the work is done up-front. It's like baking a loaf of bread and then selling an unlimited number of slices off of it.
  • The nice thing about a properly done CPM/CPC site is that once it's done, you may never have to touch it again. I've got quite a few CPM/CPC sites that I built years ago, launched, and then hardly ever do anything to...they just get used and the ads generate revenue.

I recommend doing both if you have the time and energy. Diversification is good...and you can also diversify within a niche, as it were, and run several sites with related content so as to capture more of the traffic in that niche. That's just my 2 cents; it works for me but may not fit the kind of thing you want to do.

Guys, this thread is old. Better to start a new conversation.[Closed].

Archived