.net & Commerce

Lone7

Hi, was wondering if someone could explain or point me in the right direction. I am doing a report on ASP.NET technology and how it relates to an eCommerce websites in:i) Ease of development.ii) Efficient maintenance.iii) Scaleability and performance.The information I have found in books has very little in regards to the above. If anyone could provide me with the names of some books, websites etc I would be very grateful.Cheers.

Hi, was wondering if someone could explain or point me in the right direction. I am doing a report on ASP.NET technology and how it relates to an eCommerce websites in:i) Ease of development.ii) Efficient maintenance.iii) Scaleability and performance.The information I have found in books has very little in regards to the above. If anyone could provide me with the names of some books, websites etc I would be very grateful.Cheers.
1) ASP.Net is very easy to develop in with Visual Studio. With databinding and controls it is really easy to get an application together quickly. There are other great parts of the frameworl like MVC and LINQ.2)Ultimately maintenance is determined by how ou design your application. If you follow best practices like CI and Unit testing you wil have a maintainable application. Unfortunately things like controls and databinding make it extremely hard to write unit tests which hinders maintanability. MVC is the answer to that problem.3)ASP.Net does scale. MySpace China uses ASP.Net as well as a few other big sites. .Net performance is about the same as Java (I think). When it comes down to performance, good design plays a far bigger role than what languages you used. Twitter uses Ruby on Rails which is probably the slowest language around but they handle an amazing about of traffic. Good design and having properly setup hardware is the big issue when it comes to performance.

Archived