How I Connect Ms-access Db With Php Using Odbc?

Talent87

HI, to all I have a problem in connecting the MS_access db with php using odbc , I don't understand the steps that have been written on http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_db_odbc.asp , the steps that I don't understand are step 6 -7- 8 , i used the code exactly that connects odbc with access northwind db , this error will occure when i browse my page on localhost Warning: odbc_connect() [function.odbc-connect]: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in C:\wamp\www\odbc2.php on line 2Warning: odbc_exec() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\odbc2.php on line 4the code I have used was this chunk below:<?php$conn=odbc_connect('northwind','','');$sql="SELECT * FROM customers";$rs=odbc_exec($conn,$sql);?>plz help

That code says you're trying to use a DSN called northwind, and the error says that you haven't created a DSN with that name. Step 6 in the instructions means you need to point it to the MDB file. Step 7 is where you say what DSN you want to use, so call it northwind if that's what your code is trying to connect to.

Archived