.htaccess

[dx]

Hi, I don't know is this good place for this theme, but feel free to move it if you think so.Why I'm getting this error when I add .htaccess file to server. This happens also on my localhost

Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@domain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.More information about this error may be available in the server error log.Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at domain.com Port 80

Regards

What's in the .htaccess file? This error could happen if the .htaccess file contains invalid instructions.

Options -IndexesErrorDocument 404 "/?open=404"RewriteEngine onRewriteRule ^test$ "/?open=test"File is from some web which uses this same file, and works fine

Try to remove the quotes first. Quotes are for filesystem access, and you're using a URL.In other words, try:

Options -IndexesErrorDocument 404 /?open=404RewriteEngine onRewriteRule ^test$ /?open=test

If that doesn't work, comment everything out with "#", and if it works, start commenting out the lines one by one and trying it again until the error appears again.

Try to remove the quotes first. Quotes are for filesystem access, and you're using a URL.In other words, try:
Options -IndexesErrorDocument 404 /?open=404RewriteEngine onRewriteRule ^test$ /?open=test

If that doesn't work, comment everything out with "#", and if it works, start commenting out the lines one by one and trying it again until the error appears again.

Strange, now works fine :)

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm back again with same problem.Don't know what's with these options.I made htaccess file, and in www\ folder I had folder called forum.Then, when used localhost/forum it returned me you can't access folder (or something like that).Then, I've deleted folder forum, but now getting error 404 with message "The requested URL /forum/ was not found on this server."I've tried RewriteRule ^forum1$ /forum.php [NC]And it worked fine, when changed to "forum" instead "forum1", then it's same. An 404 Error.Regards

Archived