alib_15

Wamp/phpmyadmin Export

Hi. Does anyone know how to export a database from Wamp using phpMyAdmin?When I have tried to do this, it creates an SQL file containing the tables and data. Then when I try to import I get the error message - No Database Selected.So I have to create a database and then import the tables.Is there a way to create one file that includes the database itself?Thanks for any help.Ali

you have to first create the database to insert the table and data into.then you insert 'use yourdbname;' (without quotes) into the sql file above instructions for creating tables and inserting data.example:use yourdbname;CREATE TABLE `mytable` ( `Descrip` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',.............blah, blah, blah

I was using the wrong export button I think ..I used the export button after selecting my database when I should have used the export buttonon the Home page. This creates a SQL file with the line -CREATE DATABASE dbnameAlip.s. I bet I'm not the first ..

Edited by alib_15

hosting servers create databases for you to use, so you don't have the option to name it yourself. so you have to add 'use thisdatabase'.but if have the option to create and name, Try it!, but place it above 'use database' statement as you have to create before you can use it.

thanks I think its all good now-- Database: `abcmaths`--CREATE DATABASE `abcmaths` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;USE `abcmaths`;I appreciate the help.Ali