Error When Trying To View The 'preview' Tab In Ms Visual Studio

ready2drum

My computer was updated yesterday with the latest MS Vulnerability patch (Microsoft Vulnerability update /aka...MS09-054 Cumulative Security Update) So, today while working in Microsoft Visual Studio, I was able to view the 'Data' tab contents of the report and the 'Layout' tab of the report. However, when I clicked on the 'Preview' tab, I received an error message...

An error occurred during local report processing. The definition of the report '/Catalog ID Inventory Items' is invalid. An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\vbc.exe" /noconfig @'C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\uzuwffro.cmdline".

I've spent hours searching for related items on the Internet to see if there was a solution to the problem or if anyone else has experienced this same type of issue, but unfortunately, no results found that I could find.If anyone has any insight as to how to resolve this issue, or any suggestions, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can move on with my work.Thanks!

After rebooting my computer and opening up several different reports in MS Visual Studio, I was able to view the report from the 'Preview' tab finally...not sure what caused the error, but for now, rebooting the PC seemed to resolve this issue. If anyone has an insight as to what caused the error, feel free to reply to this forum topic.Thanks!

Archived