Soap Configurations And Wordpress Plugin

skaterdav85

I installed a wordpress plugin called Exec-PHP, which allows me to write my own php in the WP interface. However, I am using a SOAP web service and it works fine locally in a regular php file, but when i try it in the plugin, it returns this errror:Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/exec-php/includes/runtime.php(42) : eval()'d code on line 6How do I enable the Soap Client? I did phpinfo(); and SOAP doesnt even show up. Any advice?

You need to enable the extension on the server, which would involve either editing the php.ini file or installing the extension. I'm not sure if that comes bundled with PHP or not.
What do you mean by installing the extension?
how do I use the dl() function to enable the soap client? I cant find much documentation?

• 2 weeks later...

so i searched on another forum and someone said to check these:1. in php.ini, you have the line: extension=php_soap.dll2. in php.ini, you have: extension_dir = "<full path to the 'ext' directory>"3. in the ext directory, you have the file: php_soap.dllI cannot find the ext directory anywhere. Do you know where it might be?

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, you're using a Linux server. Linux doesn't have DLL files, it has SO files. You can't download an SO file, if you want the library you download the source code for it and compile it. But the SOAP extension does not work that way, on Linux the SOAP extension is either built into PHP or not built in, there's no dynamic library to load. At least, not from what I can tell from the documentation.The ini file should already have the correct extension directory. If you want to check what settings PHP is using, create a phpinfo page and you'll see all of the settings there.

Archived