How To Make Graphics

skaterdav85

I'm a web developer looking for a good way to learn how to make web graphics. I have photoshop cs4 and I know some of the basics, but Im tired of my websites looking bad and only having functionality. Does anyone have any recommendations for books, sites, etc that can improve my photoshop and graphic design skills for the web? Anything is appreciated! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Best resource for me when starting out was sigtutorials.com, and psd.tutsplus.com, sigtutorials is made for mostly signatures and tags but it does go over a lot of tools and using different elements. psd.tutsplus.com has almost all the tools shown and detailed especially the text tool which is rather detailed, taught me a lot. You need to get good at each tool starting with the basic tools such as resizing and moving around with the brush and eraser. That helps to make website mockups. Once you get a lil better with the basic tools start looking into your options, for web mockup tuts go to hv-designs.co.uk , the guy has a lot of great freebies and articles on how to make some cool looking websites. Make sure to find the jquery and coding articles, a must read.

• 4 weeks later...

The best way to learn is to just surf the web, when you find a site you like try and mimick it's feel and design. Every time you do this you learn countless new tricks and become faster. Let alone you start making the functionality of your site better.

Archived