Ecommerce Site

chibineku

Hi there,I am nearing completion of the site I've been working on for a few months and I would really appreciate some feedback. I have just done the test integration of WorldPay and would particularly like feedback centered around the checkout process. I will list a test Maestro card to use (it's a British debit card) and an American Express one. Any feedback is good: if you don't like the style, or it isn't clear what to do/what you can do, or if anything doesn't work or looks crazy. Please tell me the browser name and version with any problems.Many thanks!AromaClearMaestro card # 6759649826438453American Express # 370000200000000Obviously the domain doesn't tie in with the site name, but I have it earmarked and place-holdered ready for launch. Note that the terms and conditions are, so far, borrowed (for reference) from cd-wow.co.uk and will be changed in due course.Ok, go!

To place an order? No. I am contemplating letting users skip registration, but any information you have to enter to register you have to enter when you pay anyway, and if you don't register, you will lose your basket contents. You think I should let users just pay and be done with it instead of registering? You won't be able to view your order history etc. if you don't.

Well, again, no. I built it in order, so the more I built the more it worked along final production lines. Anyway, the test transaction process works, I don't need it problem-solved, just wanted opinions on it really.

Nobody has any opinions? I am really bored with the layout, personally, because I've spent so long looking at it. The pages seem devoid of life. I look at sites like amazon and they pack so much in, although usually it looks messy. How to make it look more alive and less functional? I'm not an artistic sort of person, really, and I'm pleased with the way the site works so far, but it's uninspiring.

I had a look at the site and here's my feedback: the registration page is like a brick wall. It really stops you from browsing the site. Most customers will not work to get past the registration to see if the site has any interest for them. Also, it wasn't clear how to register. I followed links to register but ended up back at the login screen. I used the link on the upper right and got to the registration form. I don't think customers will spend that much time trying to figure out how to register.If you modify the site to allow easy access to the pages I will have another look!

Ah, the problem here is that I have no content yet - I am purely the code guy. So, the index page doesn't exist as such and is just a copy of an old version of the login page. If you were searching on google for, say, psoriasis treatments, you might land here:http://sinaesthesia.co.uk/products/psoriasisLogging in doesn't have to be the first thing you do. The index page will eventually have content such as product spotlights or whatever. Currently the product list is only 3 items long and I just made up anything for the blurb and, ahem, borrowed some pictures as placeholders. So, the site functions, but has nothing to say as yet.

OK, I get it. I'll try the checkout process with the numbers you supplied. In the meantime...what about the colors? I like the shades and tints of the blue-green palette, but think it might improve with one additional color; something like a tint of orange or yellow orange. Does your client have any requirements about the colors?

As far as design feedback, maybe consider using a color on the opposite end of the color wheel; something to contrast the blue/greens? Maybe add some roundedness to the layout; I agree with Audiospark about it feeling like a brick wall. Maybe some sort of content to fill in the empty column on the left? Maybe latest news, offers, deals, promotions, etc?

Archived