Fan Site

e4games

• 2 weeks later...

I like your banner! :) Your colors could use some work but I am not sure what colors would go well I have always had difficulty with that myself. Something you might think about is adding a small icon I am not sure what it is called but it is displayed right before the URL in the browser. I am not sure if this is the best way or the correct way but it works for me:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="Your image goes here!" type="image/x-icon" />

You just use a directory just like you would if you where using the src="" attribute for displaying an image.Ex-

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/images/avatar.png" type="image/x-icon" />

Just something to think about. I like to do it to my sites I think it adds a little flair but I am new to this too.Well good luck with your site. It doesn't look to bad just keep working on it :)

It could use some :hover effects to make it somewhat "lively". I can't give any suggestions about the colors. They seem right for Charizard, but... hmm... perhaps some dark blue somewhere (I mean, look at the bottom of his wings) to balance things out with the red and yellow?BTW, migroo, the icon you're talking about is often reffered to as a "favicon".

I like your banner! :) Your colors could use some work but I am not sure what colors would go well I have always had difficulty with that myself. Something you might think about is adding a small icon I am not sure what it is called but it is displayed right before the URL in the browser. I am not sure if this is the best way or the correct way but it works for me:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="Your image goes here!" type="image/x-icon" />

You just use a directory just like you would if you where using the src="" attribute for displaying an image.Ex-

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/images/avatar.png" type="image/x-icon" />

Just something to think about. I like to do it to my sites I think it adds a little flair but I am new to this too.Well good luck with your site. It doesn't look to bad just keep working on it :)

You can also create a 25 by 25 pic and rename it favicon.ico and leave it in the server root.

Archived