Why To Avoid Vbscript

Mencarta

VBScript is still useful for scripting within the Microsoft Windows operating system... but inside the browser? No.

I figured it out! This only works on Windows XP.1)Right-Click the Desktop and Select Properties2)Switch to Desktop Tab3)Click Customize Desktop...4)Switch to Web Tab5)Click Add and select file6)ApplyTada!

• 5 months later...
My work only have IE so I think VB is useful for me anyways.
Perhaps, but in more general terms you would be much better spending the time to learn JavaScript. It will still work in IE, and everywhere else. Plus, it's much more advanced.

• 2 weeks later...
I think VBscript is primarily used for using ASP. I heard JS can be used in ASP but it is a little harder. But in any case, ASP is deprecated so I dont see VBscript having much use anymore.
Where i work we use ibm's iseries emulator to run AS400, VBscript can be used for writing macros in the program but other than that I don't see it being a first choice anywhere else.

• 6 months later...

VBScript is better. JScript also better. VBScript and JScript both Microsoft Technologies and for server side scripting.Javascript is a browser language. Too dangerous for security application but reliable to perform a graphic interface of website.Class can be made by using VBScript and JScript, not JavaScript. Class make your script much simple.I prefer VBScript. I am a website and application designer and developer. My clients majority are schools. Lots of client want to integrate their website with internal application. VBScript better run on windows and give more better synchronization with the website implemented in ASP or ASPX.

Archived