want to load text and pictures from library

Caitlin-havener

I am working on making a flash site for some lingerie that I made. I have some experience but not much. Instead of placing each image into the video, I would like all of the images and corresponding text description to appear upon loading the page. Do I use XML for this or can I just create a complex array of where the image is located and its corresponding description and then program a function to load it? Someone point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated!

Are you asking about the content of your FLASH application or something else? It might be that readers do not completely understand the question.I would also suggest that this is not the ideal forum for FLASH questions. I'm aware of very few FLASH developers who drop by.

Are you asking about the content of your FLASH application or something else? It might be that readers do not completely understand the question.I would also suggest that this is not the ideal forum for FLASH questions. I'm aware of very few FLASH developers who drop by.
Thanks for reply! I am posting at flashkit also and I guess they dont understand me there either ha. I am selling lingerie on this website. Instead of making a frame for every page of lingerie and inserting that large image file and the text file I was trying to figure out if I could put the source of the image file in an xml document and the text somehow and for it to upload when the user clicks the thumbnail of the lingerie product.

So yes, you want a flash solution, or no you don't want a flash solution?You can certainly store information in an XML file and download the XML using AJAX. This is a JavaScript technique.

So yes, you want a flash solution, or no you don't want a flash solution?You can certainly store information in an XML file and download the XML using AJAX. This is a JavaScript technique.
Hmmm... how... "simple" will this be. lol. Could I read w3s xml and ajax chapters and get it? Or maybe the array idea....

i think its just grasping the concept of what you want. I'm sure there must be a way to get image paths and text information, presumably from an XML file. To get that into Flash is a different story, and probably a much harder one to implement, especially via text over the web on an internet forum. Depending on how often you expect the content (your lingerie) to change, you may opt for just having pictures slide into and out of the the flash window using tweaning, or maybe a Javascript or jQuery application may work. I guess it depends on how often you feel you will need to update said content. Unfortunately, Flash isn't the easiest thing to explain without being right there next to the person. :)

i think its just grasping the concept of what you want. I'm sure there must be a way to get image paths and text information, presumably from an XML file. To get that into Flash is a different story, and probably a much harder one to implement, especially via text over the web on an internet forum. Depending on how often you expect the content (your lingerie) to change, you may opt for just having pictures slide into and out of the the flash window using tweaning, or maybe a Javascript or jQuery application may work. I guess it depends on how often you feel you will need to update said content. Unfortunately, Flash isn't the easiest thing to explain without being right there next to the person. :)
I'm worried about filesize mostly with attaching two hundred plus 450 px wide images in a video... hmmm.... Not so much updating that will be done

Archived