Interesting array problem

smartalco

First, a couple of set-up arrays to explain the question:

--- Base array ---Array ([some_key] = stuff[another_key] = Array (			[second_level]  = 2nd stuff			[level_key_2] = 7			))--- Input array ---Array ([another_key] = Array (			[level_key_2] = 1			))

Now for the problem. See the '1' in the Input array -> another_key -> level_key_2? I want to add it to the same key hierarchy in the Base array. (So the '7' should become an '8'). I think I could do this with a stupidly complex set of functions, but I'm hoping someone here could lend me a simpler method.

Not sure if this is the most efficient way but you could use loops and a recursive function.Something like:

function addArrValues($arrBase, $arrInput) {   if (is_array($arrBase) && is_array($arrInput)) {	  foreach ($arrBase as $key => $value) {		 foreach ($arrInput as $keyIn => $valueIn) {			if ($key == $keyIn) {			   $arrBase[$key] = addArrValues($value, $valueIn);			}		 }	  }   } else {	  return $arrBase + $arrInput;   }   return $arrBase;}

I took that just off the top of my head so there's sure to errors in it.Edit: See I knew there would be errors. I just did some quick testing and made changes accordingly to my code above.

Archived