Opening a window with desired coordinates

Elmacik

how can i set a select box item to open a window with the desired width/height and showing the desired coordinates of the opening page in that window?i mean, i will define the height and width of the window that will open. (with no scrollbars, no addressbar, no menubar.)of course there will be a page opening in this window. but, i dont want to view the beginning of the page, i want to view some specific coordinates.how can i do that?i beg your help, thanks in advance

if I understand you right, you want to control the scrolbar position... I'm not sure if you can horizontally, but you can use <a href="#address">Address</a>and<a name="address"></a>to tell the browser to jump to a specific location on a webpage.so when you open your new window, you would have to open "mywindow.html#address" and it would jump to that location on the webpage.

thanks for reply.yes this is possible, but i meant to use position attributes to determine an x and y position for the part that i want to view

You have to use the window command in Javascript. Then use the moveto method.example :// Set the window to a variablevar myWindow; mywindow = window.open ("http://www.grantmedia.co.uk", "mywindow","location=1,status=0,scrollbars=0, width=100,height=100");// Now move it to the desired location on the screen mywindow.moveTo(100,100);Hope this helpsAndy GrantGrantMedia Web Design