CSS HELP!

XHTMLboy

Hi people, the last couple of months i have been learning XHTML, now i have just moved on into CSS. The other day i brought a book called CSS masterary, and have been trying to read it but it didn't cover what i really expected.(Basicly it's a professional's book but i'm just starting CSS) So my question is what CSS book should i get to begin with? Please help, and thankyou for your time people :)

What exactly are you expecting?(I mean surely, you don't want another book that covers the same unexpected stuff)

What exactly are you expecting?(I mean surely, you don't want another book that covers the same unexpected stuff)
No, i just wan't to know what would be a really good begginers book to start learning CSS, as the book i have is to complicated

how well do you understand the beginners stuff? Are you comfortable with everything that you can learn on this site, and can use it correctly?

how well do you understand the beginners stuff? Are you comfortable with everything that you can learn on this site, and can use it correctly?
Well at the moment i only know how to do stuff like, backgrounds, color, and font. Basicly iv'e only been looking in to it this week because i got a week of before i go back to school. And at the moment i seem to understand begginers stuff quite good. it's just when i looked into a book called css mastery it got me confusted and started talking about child selectors. But at this stage i just want to know the properties, of css or know where to get started.

W3Schools is your place then. No need for books. Books are for mastery. Basics are best explored on sites like this one.BTW, child selectors are nothing difficult. While

#wrapper div

will match (in red)

<div id="wrapper"> <div> <div>Text 1</div> <div>Text 2</div> </div> <div> <div>Text 3</div> <div>Text 4</div> </div></div>
#wrapper > div

will match

<div id="wrapper"> <div> <div>Text 1</div> <div>Text 2</div> </div> <div> <div>Text 3</div> <div>Text 4</div> </div></div>

• 4 weeks later...
Hi people, the last couple of months i have been learning XHTML, now i have just moved on into CSS. The other day i brought a book called CSS masterary, and have been trying to read it but it didn't cover what i really expected.(Basicly it's a professional's book but i'm just starting CSS) So my question is what CSS book should i get to begin with? Please help, and thankyou for your time people :)
Hello, I got this book called, Html (Xhtml) and Css for dummies, i think will be good, there's also this other one i got just for CSS, which ill have to check the name off. ^^ check out Amazon for the books.

Archived