need help easy to fix im to dum to see it

oldarney

i cant make this work i need to put a cookie in the users computer when they see the flash intro and then redirect them to the home page when they come again.i took this script from the js tutorials and tweeked it to work for me but my tweeking is really lousy i think its a syntax error or somthing help!!!

<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function getCookie(c_name){if (document.cookie.length>0)  {  c_start=document.cookie.indexOf(c_name + "=")  if (c_start!=-1)    {     c_start=c_start + c_name.length+1     c_end=document.cookie.indexOf(";",c_start)    if (c_end==-1) c_end=document.cookie.length    return unescape(document.cookie.substring(c_start,c_end))    }   }return null}function setCookie(c_name,value,expiredays){var exdate=new Date()exdate.setTime(exdate.getTime()+(expiredays*24*3600*1000))document.cookie=c_name+ "=" +escape(value)+((expiredays==null) ? "" : "; expires="+exdate)}function checkCookie(){username=getCookie('username')if (username!=null)  {a href="#http://www.w3schools.com"}else   {  username=("youve been here")  if (username!=null||username!="")    {    setCookie('username',username,365)    }  }}</script></head><body onLoad="checkCookie()"></body></body></html>