Website Design Portfolio [updated]

attila2452

This is my first website design portfolio. i would like comments and feed back on it.I first wrote it in HTML then re wrote it with PHP to make it a little faster and more up-to-date.please let me know what you think. it looks like its missing something. :)http://attilahajzer.comeze.com/[The website design page was updated]please criticize those too.

well, on first glance, a few things stand out. Although you say to have learned Strict HTML, CSS, etc, and you have the W3 validation logos at the bottom, your pages don't validate. In your galleries, it would seem to be more intuitive to users that when you hover over the picture links, the cursor should change to something other than remaining a pointer, people might not know to click on them. Also, if you're going to put examples of website work on your site, shouldn't it be links to the actual sites, or screen shots with actual content in them? I think most people would actually like to see and interact with the sites you make, not a screen shot of a page with "Lorem Ipsum" text in it. The layout itself is ok, but nothing too spectacular. Not sure whether to be harsh or easy, but it appears you've spent a decent amount of time in the field and are competitive as far as earning accreditation for yourself, but the portfolio's don't really seem to match the biography. Some of your pictures are kinda cool though.

well, on first glance, a few things stand out. Although you say to have learned Strict HTML, CSS, etc, and you have the W3 validation logos at the bottom, your pages don't validate. In your galleries, it would seem to be more intuitive to users that when you hover over the picture links, the cursor should change to something other than remaining a pointer, people might not know to click on them. Also, if you're going to put examples of website work on your site, shouldn't it be links to the actual sites, or screen shots with actual content in them? I think most people would actually like to see and interact with the sites you make, not a screen shot of a page with "Lorem Ipsum" text in it. The layout itself is ok, but nothing too spectacular. Not sure whether to be harsh or easy, but it appears you've spent a decent amount of time in the field and are competitive as far as earning accreditation for yourself, but the portfolio's don't really seem to match the biography. Some of your pictures are kinda cool though.
okay. you can be heavy. i dont have photoshop. I made the layouts in school (on a mac) and only grabbed the PNG or JPG format of the picture and didnt end up slicing it. thats why its in loriem lipsum txt i have one website. but its for the legion and its not under the right url because they paid for it and i coulnt get the FTP info for it so i couldnt upload the content on their url. but this is whati have for that.http://social-sound.netii.net/and the pictures are links. ill change the pointer.

okay. you can be heavy. i dont have photoshop. I made the layouts in school (on a mac) and only grabbed the PNG or JPG format of the picture and didnt end up slicing it. thats why its in loriem lipsum txt i have one website. but its for the legion and its not under the right url because they paid for it and i coulnt get the FTP info for it so i couldnt upload the content on their url. but this is whati have for that.http://social-sound.netii.net/and the pictures are links. ill change the pointer.
and since I dont have any real websites to show other then the Legion one , should i make more? so people can view? or what?

i would say an active portfolio is probably the best form of self-promotion, along with a well designed home page for your work. The more you have to show for yourself, especially showcasing various talents and techniques, the more appeal you will have to a wider audience of prospective clients, who like developers who have that all in one appeal. Do you not have photoshop at your disposal? was it only available to you while you were in school?

i would say an active portfolio is probably the best form of self-promotion, along with a well designed home page for your work. The more you have to show for yourself, especially showcasing various talents and techniques, the more appeal you will have to a wider audience of prospective clients, who like developers who have that all in one appeal. Do you not have photoshop at your disposal? was it only available to you while you were in school?
I just downloaded it! lol.im working on one now. :) i just have a hard time coming up with topics. and themes.

I just downloaded it! lol.im working on one now. :) i just have a hard time coming up with topics. and themes.
oh, it says on your bio you use and like photoshop, so it might lead one to believe you own it.ask friends for sites they would want you to make, small business, one's about personal hobbies, etc.

Archived