Adding Hyperlinks

Mark H

Hi all,I want to add hyperlinks to my FLASH movie. I need the hyperlink to change at certain points in the timeine.e.g. For frames 50 - 200 I want www.rabel.org.uk; for frames 201-450 I want www.webpaper.org; and from frames 451-650 I want www. sheepfold.org.uk.How would I go about this? I want the link to cover the whole stage.Thanks,Mark.

• 2 months later...
Hi all,I want to add hyperlinks to my FLASH movie. I need the hyperlink to change at certain points in the timeine.e.g. For frames 50 - 200 I want www.rabel.org.uk; for frames 201-450 I want www.webpaper.org; and from frames 451-650 I want www. sheepfold.org.uk.How would I go about this? I want the link to cover the whole stage.Thanks,Mark.
Mark, Not sure what you mean by the whole stage, is this hyperlink going to be a button the size of the stage?If it's going to be a button then if your first hyperlink runs from frame 50 to 200 with the link www.rabel.org.uk on frame 201 create a new keyframe and change the button's link to www.webpaper.org and do the same on frame 451.you may want to give each new button an instance name incase you want to target them later using actionscript.Hope this helps.Peace,Elemental

Thanks Elemental,Would I be able to have a button, the size of the whole stage, yet have it transparent so that the movie plays behind it?Mark.
Mark, Yes you can. Several ways of doing this, I think the simplest is... Using the Rectangle Tool, I prefer no lines, create a box the size of the stage, center it and make it into a button symbol. Enter the symbol and make the box's color value 0. Since the button takes up the whole stage you really don't need a hit area. Return to the stage and code your button.To remove the hand pointer give the button an instance name (i.e. link_01) then place this in your timeline's actions layer
link_01.useHandCursor=false

Hope this helps.Peace,Elemental

Archived