New Website Design Portfolio

attila2452

• 1 month later...

Ha Ha patience is a virtue my friend. Those 1000 views could all be yourself.But seriously your design is ok for a first attempt but if your boasting 4 years experience to your clients you could spice it up with some more graphics and/or scripting. The script your using from

is invalidating your markup, unclosed tags etc. I must say that I'm impressed that you learnt html 5 two years ago. :)

Ha Ha patience is a virtue my friend. Those 1000 views could all be yourself.But seriously your design is ok for a first attempt but if your boasting 4 years experience to your clients you could spice it up with some more graphics and/or scripting. The script your using from is invalidating your markup, unclosed tags etc. I must say that I'm impressed that you learnt html 5 two years ago. :)
hahahahaits nearing 2000 now and i know HTML 5 now so i should up html 4.0 and 5? and i didn't notice that the script had open tags.and how could i spice up my design? i dont know its already my third portfolio design. what could i possibly change ,and how could i possible change it? and suggestions and should i make another new layout?

You seem like your trying to rush the completion of your site. Its important to take time planning out your layout and design so that it can be fluid. I've seen it mentioned here and in books that you should try drawing out how you want your layout to look before you create your web pages.Your current layout looks like you had a good idea but you just didn't really follow it through. I can suggest pulling inspiration from a gallery if you don't mind that sort of thing. Remember proper planning can save you from having to redesign your page. As for the html 5 if you know your capable why not? Html 4.0 is way outdated and xhtml seems shaky but i'm focusing on it for the fact that its xml based.

You seem like your trying to rush the completion of your site. Its important to take time planning out your layout and design so that it can be fluid. I've seen it mentioned here and in books that you should try drawing out how you want your layout to look before you create your web pages.Your current layout looks like you had a good idea but you just didn't really follow it through. I can suggest pulling inspiration from a gallery if you don't mind that sort of thing. Remember proper planning can save you from having to redesign your page. As for the html 5 if you know your capable why not? Html 4.0 is way outdated and xhtml seems shaky but i'm focusing on it for the fact that its xml based.
okay so the past few days i have been working on the new design for my portfolio. and so far this is what i have come up with.http://www.attilahajzer.comeze.com/there's still a few more things i need to adjust like the width of the contact page and i still need to add a footer. but so far, its what i have.feel free to critique it. - Attila

CSS needs serious work. And you have placed WAY too much information about yourself dude. You just need a email address and maybe a phone number. A picture, Name, Email Address, Phone Number, City, Province, Country is Waaaay too much information to be giving out on the internet freely.

CSS needs serious work. And you have placed WAY too much information about yourself dude. You just need a email address and maybe a phone number. A picture, Name, Email Address, Phone Number, City, Province, Country is Waaaay too much information to be giving out on the internet freely.
Okay so i just updated the Contact page. and what part of CSS needs work?

Your page is not lining up when i zoom out. You have your header div set to margin:-22px auto to center your mark up but the divs with your name are not so they don't line up. The header stays in the center and the rest goes to the left. Unless you planned it that way you should position the sections of your page together so that they flow well.

Your page is not lining up when i zoom out. You have your header div set to margin:-22px auto to center your mark up but the divs with your name are not so they don't line up. The header stays in the center and the rest goes to the left. Unless you planned it that way you should position the sections of your page together so that they flow well.
the header is -22 because the body gives that margin of 20 or something like that , by default and the best way that i could do it was just that. im not quite shure how i would do that in any other case.and that header thing is something ill really start looking on for fixing.

im using another one now. ( http://attilahajzer.comeze.com/) for the default one. and yes i know that one is pretty messed up. but its because i made it in photoshop. andi can't do mockups well yet.
so i have a few ways i can do this now. whats best:when zooming out the site stays to the top leftorwhen zooming out the site stays centered

Site's/Server's down.Also you can't start supporting old browsers when new ones aren't even showing your site properly :)
what do you mean it doesn't look right in your browser.it looks perfect in mine.what res do you have and browser are you using?

I can't connect to your site it keeps timing out.
i just checked the host and this is their message: We are having network problemsUnfortunately, we're experiencing some networking issues that are affecting our web and mysql servers. If your site is suddenly not loading or can't connect to the database, it's most likely related.We're looking into this and will be posting updates if this network problem cannot be fixed in next 60 minutes. Please do not submit and tickets about this issue and do not increase our work load as we are fully dedicated in resolving this network problem. We thank you for your patience and understanding.but what resolution are you using?abd browser/version.

I use Firefox 1366 x 788(15.1 inch laptop) but you should really build the site to be able to display on every resolution and every browser by using clean modular code.Also stop posting millions of posts in one go. If you want to add something edit your previous post.

I use Firefox 1366 x 788(15.1 inch laptop) but you should really build the site to be able to display on every resolution and every browser by using clean modular code.Also stop posting millions of posts in one go. If you want to add something edit your previous post.
so what your saying is i should make it in a smaller rez. and have it viewable in all?so ill try re-sizing it for 1024 X 768and then the above will be possible too.okay so i re-styled it to fix the compatibility issue.i moved the items in the header around a bitthere still is a Minus property in it. its the header. to fix the positioning to stick at the top.

typically, to accommodate larger resolutions, you can code your page with a fixed width (relative or absolute), and then just have it centered so as the users viewport widens, the page stays centered, and the all the elements inside can stay relative to the container.

You will notice that when you go to w3shools home page when you re size your browser the page content does stay in the middle of the screen. The bottom scroll bar should never have to be used, so the actual content on your page should be no wider than 900 pixels.You should also test your web page in both Firefox and IE. 90% of the time if your page works properly in Firefox it should work nicely in chrome or safari.Also earlier you were concerned about IE6. IMHO IE6 is dead and its not that big a deal.

Archived