Sign in to follow this  
bbr

Defining the Scrollbar in CSS

inserting this in the body of your CSS will cause them to turn a nice red. scrollbar-arrow-color: #000; scrollbar-face-color: #A00; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #F66; scrollbar-highlight-color: #000; scrollbar-shadow-color: #822; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000; scrollbar-track-color: #222;it however does not seem to conform with the CSS validator that is available on this site.i presume this is because the scrollbar coloring is an "IE" only attribute ?

inserting this in the body of your CSS will cause them to turn a nice red. scrollbar-arrow-color:  #000; scrollbar-face-color:  #A00; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #F66; scrollbar-highlight-color: #000; scrollbar-shadow-color:  #822; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000; scrollbar-track-color:  #222;it however does not seem to conform with the CSS validator that is available on this site.i presume this is because the scrollbar coloring is an "IE" only attribute ?

You are right. Those attribute is IE only.In Firefox, Opera, NC...Their skin is included the scrollbar!So, even those attribute is valid. It is useless. :)

That's odd. Why isn't this attribute mentioned in the tutorial? I think it should be, though it does only work in IE :) .

Remember the Microsoft mantra: "Conform. Extend. Copyright. Conform. Extend. Copyright." This way they make everyone else dance to thier superior marketshare dance. You can see it whenever you read "IE is the only one that (does)/(does not) do this!"That is why I code my pages for mozilla.

That's odd. Why isn't this attribute mentioned in the tutorial? I think it should be, though it does only work in IE :) .

Because w3schools.com, as the name suggests, have the same ideals as w3.org about certain things, webstandards being one of them... :)