href with prompted var client side

Ric_Pit

I am trying to finish this client side small script:<html><head><script type="text/vbscript">dim userndim href1dim href2dim href3 Function myusern() usern=InputBox("Username",,"rruiz") End Function</script></head><body><script type="text/vbscript">document.write(myusern())document.write("<p>")document.write("User: " & usern)href1="\\txprfile\users$\"href2=usernhref3=href1 & userndocument.write("<p>")document.write(href3)document.write("<p>")</script><a href="vb script:href3">Click1</a><br><a href="vb script:href1" & "usern">Click2</a><br><a href="vb script:\\txprfile\users$\rruiz">Click3</a></body></html>is not helping me. :) May any one just inform me what I am doing incorrectly?thanks, in advance.Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

If you viewed the active topics, I think you will find that there is significant and varied activity on this forum at all times. However, not many of us use VBScript as a client-side scripting language on web pages, as it has been superseded by JavaScript. Furthermore, I am not sure people were able to understand the intention of your script. What is it supposed to do?

Archived