Meaningless Messages

scott100

Should something be done about meaningless messages being posted in threads to put them back to the top of the list?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should something be done about meaningless messages being posted in threads to put them back to the top of the list?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

I've noticed that members are posting meaningless messages, just to move their thread back to the top of the list. I personally find these very annoying as they add nothing to the description of the problem. I think that the mods should take some sort of action in such circumstances.Recent examples:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...indpost&p=15760http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...indpost&p=15521

In theese particular cases: yes. But you shouldn't be so harsh either. It's true that most people just can't see everything and that it has to be on the top to be seen. I have happened to helped with a problem that was two weeks away, but I didn't knew about it until it's author said "anybody?". This makes people try to get their attention without writting real bulls*its (believe me, I know what I'm talking about by saying "real bulls*it"). Look at my topics(not posts) to see what I mean. I have written very few(5) and there are replies to only 2 of them. The other ones have "anyone?"s, scince they truly feel lonely.Infact, I feel kind'a bad that I can't help on theese topics above, you know...

Hey, if you've got a beef, report it. We can't read your minds on what you don't like. As it does not really break with the rules we have set down, we don't take action on it. If you want to change those rules or add to them, you are more than welcome to make a suggestion. Reasonable changes of course, and good arguments definetely helps your case. :)

there is really nothing wrong with ****BUMP**** 'ing your threads. I'd prefer to see a little more than one day pass before someone bumps their post, but its all a matter of judgement.I wouldn't be too concerned with bumped threads, there are a few other things that have been catching my eye that are more pressing. A couple new members trolling or using inappropriate tones. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns, they are always welcomed and noted.

A rule such as "duplicate posts not allowed without AT LEAST 24 hours delay" sounds good to me. Infact, I happen to be an admin of a forum where there's already such a rule :) .btw, in the above poll I voted for "don't care", cause there really isn't a best answer to this.

Let it be , it always happen to the one who first join this forum and they don't know all about the rules ... so surely when we answer this post , attach some reminds for not repeat again :)normally they don't mind the important topics at the first time ???

normally they don't mind the important topics at the first time ???
Yeah, funny that, how all of them manage to skip the announcement and pinned threads. :)