Two VB.NET Issues

RobberBaron

I have two questions regarding VB.NET:Firstly, related file types. If you create an application and set certain file types to open with it, of course it opens blank. What I want to know is how to make handler code for when a file is opened with an application from outside of the application. For example, when you double click a .doc file the text of that file will open in Microsoft Word.Secondly, I created a DLL in Visual Studio, but the only files are two modules. I was wondering how I access variables, structures and functions from inside the modules from a different code. I tried "Imports RafnarLibrary" but it gave me errors. What should I do?Thanks

• 3 months later...

The first question, which I have now solved, was regarding environment (command line) variables.The project was a while ago, so I don't know what I was doing before, but I tried. This time, I get no errors using a simple import statement "Imports RafnarLibrary". However, none of the values from the module seem to be accessible. The library has a file called "System.vb" with some variables declared, with a module containing structures and functions. However, they all seem to be "not declared".

Archived