People are really lazy.

louie

louie, I have to disagree with you on one part. I think its good to have members trying to raise his/her post count, as long as each post is valuable. Then, more people can get their questions answered. Isn't this the point of post counts?

i agree with you mate.some questions are really best understood when somebody is explaining it.

• 2 months later...

... I firmly believe that this forum is created to answer questions that the w3schools main website does not answer...

That is what brought me here! The main website left me clueless about why PHP's foreach was going wrong for me. But this forum had several good answers to my problem! Thanks, guys! :good:

• 10 years later...
On 10/25/2005 at 3:33 AM, louie said:
Before you ask a question in this forum, you should check out our Tutorial.For our Tutorial: Visit W3Schools Tutorials

A lot of questions asked here in this forum can be answered simply by reading the tutorials, and most often what people are asking are actually examples in the w3school main website. Some questions are even extremely similar, but yet people ask the same questions all over again.That "please-read-the-tutorial-first" message pinned at every forum apparently DOES NOT work.I firmly believe that this forum is created to answer questions that the w3schools main website does not answer.I do not have a solution for this. But this would just serve as a precaution. Because basically when this forum grows. Then a lot new topics will be started.Then probably, we will be reading a bunch of repetitive questions being asked all over and over and over again.And please forum members, please dont post for the sake of increasing your post count. Post for the sake of answering questions being asked.And if you wish to promote your website here, we cant/wont stop you with it, but please do it in an ETHICAL way. There is no excuse for not having any manners/ethics.And lastly, this forum, in my humble opinion, is used for answering questions (or some code snippets) not for asking for full/complete scripts.This is just my opinion. You might think i'm wrong, but really i think i am right with this one. You just have to agree with me here.

Edited by sabastian

People might seem lazy nowadays because of a few things. One reason is that we have a lot of new stuff that makes things easier, so some people might not want to do as much. Also, life can be really busy and stressful for many people, which can make them feel tired and not want to do anything. It's important to remember that everyone is different, and there could be lots of reasons why someone might seem lazy. Being nice and understanding is important when talking about this.