XML Link

xmlxpert

Hi, I got this code in which I couldn't get the data I want to be link from an xml file. default.html

<HTML><xml id=cdRecord src="record.xml"></xml><TABLE dataSrc=#cdRecord cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0 height="70">  <A dataFld=FullName href="topic.asp?dataFld="&FullName> Cannot link to King Manchester from record.xml </a></TABLE></HTML>
record.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><!-- Edited with XML Spy v4.2 --><Personal> <Record>  <FullName>King Manchester</FullName>  <PersonalDesc>Lord of all Lords.</PersonalDesc> </Record><Personal>

Some of the attributes don't have quotes. Either that, or you are using Firefox or Opera. Data Islands are not avaiable for any other browsers after all.

Hi, Very well I'll put some quotes then, thanks. And im not using Firefox or Opera :) , but my point is the data that I want is still missing. <A dataFld=FullName href="topic.asp?dataFld="&FullName> Cannot link to King Manchester from record.xml </a>How come I couldn't get the attribute value of dataFld and reference it to my asp file?

<HTML><xml id="cdRecord" src="record.xml"></xml><TABLE dataSrc="#cdRecord" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="2" width="100%" border="0" height="70">  <tr><td><A dataFld="FullName" href="topic.asp?dataFld=&FullName"> Cannot link to King Manchester from record.xml </a></td><tr></TABLE></HTML>

If it doesn't work, try making an empty span inside the anchor and apply the dataFld attribute to it instead.

If it doesn't work, try making an empty span inside the anchor and apply the dataFld attribute to it instead.
Hi, sorry boen it still wont work, but anyways what I did was just add another root actually a URL root :), even though its added work or even waste of time, thanks anyways on the reply boen...:)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><!-- Edited with XML Spy v4.2 --><Personal><Record>  <FullName>King Manchester</FullName>  <PersonalDesc>Lord of all Lords.</PersonalDesc>  <URL>tomyaspfile</URL></Record><Personal>
and use this instead<A dataFld="URL"> link to King Manchester from record.xml </A>