just went through some tutorials

Brendon Branigin

I just went through the xml tut's and i have a question. Can i keep all my websites text in XML files and then call for specific parts of data to be displayed in an XHTML file? I saw this done in an example using XSLT. Is it a good way to keep content organized?How will this effect page load times? Is it worth the effort?

It's worth the effort in the end, but on the way, it will seem as it isn't.It's a great way to organize the site. I'm glad you actually realized the logic behind it. You can keep common data in one file. More specific data in other files and per page content in their own respective files. Download times will be reduced, scince the common data is cached the same way as CSS stylesheets are.The only drawbacks are that the page won't be accesable for browsers who don't support XML and XSLT, and you won't be able to validate your page scince it's not actual XHTML but XML styled with XSLT. The only way to avoid this is a server side script that would execute the transformation, but then you lose the data caching.