Design Problem

PauloAmado

I am planning a design that looks like this: _____________________________|____________ MENU ___________|| |____ SUBMENU __________|| L | || E | || F | CONTENT ||__T |________________________|My code looks like the following:

<style type="text/css">body {text-align: center; }#container {width: 790px; height: 558px; text-align: justify; }#left { background:url(images/left.jpg) no-repeat; position:relative; width: 159px; height: 434px; }#menu { background-image: url(images/menu.jpg); height: 124px; width: 791px; position:relative; }#submenu { background: url(images/submenu.jpg) no-repeat; width: 632px; height: 92px; position:relative; top:-434px;	left:159px; }#content {	background: url(images/backcontent.gif) repeat-x; width: 632px; height: 342px; position:relative; top:-434px; left:159px; }</style><body><div id="container">    <div id="menu"></div>    <div id="left"></div>    <div id="submenu"></div>    <div id="content"></div></div><body>

I cannot see what's going wrong, but the thing is: every div is in its right position, only I have a ghost space the same height of submenu+content right below everything, which means all the times I've got an incovinient annoying buggering scrollbar showing. I'm sure somebody will know what I am doing wrong. Can you please be so kind and tell me what I'm missing, 'cos I feel like I've tried everything I could. Thank you very much.

Thank you, aspnetguy, just the kind of solution I needed. Got it running perfectly already and I shall have no problem at all, since my client wants images with fixed sizes as backgrounds, so I just had to define a height to the body and hide the overflow as you observed. Thanks a lot.Cheers.Paulo.