xml, php and mysql project

mona

hi,I want to make a project using mysql, php and xml with apache2 as a web serveractually I did a similar project but using html instead of xml now we are learning xml and some xsl in our course and our professor need us to use xml inside our projectthe problem is that I don't know how to begin.in the last project, I created my database and tables in mysql, then I used html to make the web pages then I used php as a serverside application to work with the data.here I made my database, but as you know html is not the same as xml so I don't know how to begin and the professor doesn't matter if we use xml in all the project or in part of it.the real problem is that I know that php works with xml and php works with mysql but how these 3 works together I need some help or a small example to see.

The simplest way to answer where to use XML in such project would be "Where do you NOT use a database to carry content?". At all of those places, you should use XML instead.It would be hard to use XSLT though, scince PHP doesn't have a built in XSLT processor. As I have said previously in this forum: if you know which extension exactly is requred for that and how to install it, please give some kind of instructions somewhere.Without XSLT, you would have to use PHP in it's place. But the code would get vast.